Please note this page is private and NOT linked to from the main DigiTrust site. Please do not link to this page or share with anyone outside your company.
DigiTrust is a standardized ID and neutral namespace recently acquired by IAB Tech Lab. The ID service was founded by ad tech platforms and premium publishers who are collaborating to deploy and support a standardized, shared, 1st party cookie-based user token in order to achieve the following mutual benefits:
- Improved CPMs and revenue due to better audience recognition, by reducing data loss associated to third party cookies (on mobile, especially) and ID syncing
- Fewer pixels on your pages, by eliminating the need for ID syncing between hundreds of third-parties
- Faster loading pages, and better consumer experience
- Alleviated regulatory pressure/risk in Europe, with centralized consent, proof of consent and revocation of consent
- Leveling of the playing field with the “walled gardens”, by enabling the third party ecosystem with a shared first party cookie ID
Timelines, Goals and Adoption
Membership and Participation
- ID persistence – Ongoing innovation to address challenges to user tokens/IDs as a result of regulation, browser changes, and other software.
- GDPR / ePR Consent Management Platform – Driving a co-development effort with DigiTrust members to build a CMP that aligns with the IAB Europe Transparency and Consent Framework and ties consumer preferences the DigiTrust ID.
- AMP support, DigiTrust pre-bid module and much more
Steps to Deploying DigiTrust
DigiTrust is dependent on member engagement, cooperation and deployment. Here’s how to participate:
- Provide details of the test implementation via email to email@example.com for optional review and acceptance.
- Review the DIGITRUST ID TERMS OF SERVICE.To accept, please fill out this form. Completion of this form indicates your acceptance of the DIGITRUST ID TERMS OF SERVICE, as same may be amended from time to time. Upon completion, we will review your information and provide you with the Member ID and Site ID necessary for final deployment.
- If you are using a Consent Management Platform that is aligned with the IAB Europe Transparency and Consent Framework for GDPR/ePrivacy compliance in Europe, it is very important that you add DigiTrust/IAB Tech Lab (ID 64) to your vendor whitelist.
- DigiTrust for Publishers One-Pager
- DigiTrust New Member Recruitment presentation and the accompanying audio file (January 2018) – An overview of DigiTrust, current status of operations, governance, competitive landscape, key objectives for 2018, how the technology works, and implementation details.
- DigiTrust ID Publisher Terms of Service – which your deployment is subject to
- Publisher deployment best practices
- Technical Integration Guide
- DigiTrust FAQ
- Current Members and their deployment status
- GDPR blog post – Summary of the DigiTrust co-development effort to build a GDPR/ePR compliant Consent Management Platform that ties consumer preferences to the DigiTrust ID and aligns with the IAB Europe Consent and Transparency Framework