Please note this page is private and NOT linked to from the main DigiTrust site. Please do not link to this page, nor share with anyone outside your company.
You and your organization have been invited to become DigiTrust publisher members, either because you’ve indicated an interest directly or you’ve been referred. This page is meant to provide you with all the information necessary to consider your support. Please read the information below carefully, and thank you for your consideration!
Overview of DigiTrust
DigiTrust is a non-profit industry consortium spawned from an IAB working group. It’s comprised of ad tech platforms and premium publishers who collaboratively deploy and support a universal cookie-based user ID in order to achieve the following mutual benefits:
- More than 15% improvement in revenue, by eliminating the data loss associated to 3rd party cookies (on mobile, especially) and ID syncing
- Fewer pixels on your pages, by eliminating the need for ID syncing among hundreds of third-parties
- Faster loading pages, and better consumer experience
- Leveling of the playing field with dominant 1st parties
- Alleviated regulatory pressure in Europe, with centralized consent, proof of consent and revocation of consent
Though founded/funded by platforms, the ultimate success of DigiTrust falls squarely on the shoulders of premium publishers who must deploy the DigiTrust scripts on their pages in order to commence the virtuous cycle of benefit to themselves, their consumer audiences and their trusted programmatic partners. Membership in and subscription to the DigiTrust service is free for publishers that license ad tech platforms.
We need a focused group of premium publishers to join DigiTrust (at no cost) and then work with each other as a group, and in concert with our platform members, to evaluate, discuss and determine a joint deployment date to get this effort off the ground.
The evaluation and determination of a joint deployment date involves consideration from both your privacy/policy and technology teams, which we believe is best done in a working group setting. The objective is for privacy and technology working groups to surface and resolve deployment issues and concerns as a group, resulting in consensus and best practices, then determine a deployment date.
Our target deadline for your commitment to become involved in this process is Friday, February 3rd. Thereafter, we will publicly announce the new publisher members and their commitment to this initiative, then set up and lead the working group meetings.
We’re not asking you to commit now to a deployment date. We’re asking you to publicly support this effort, and work with each other and the platforms funding this effort to determine a joint deployment date (or dates). Specifically:
By February 3rd, we’re asking you for one of three responses:
- IN (conditionally)
IN means you are specifically and publicly committing to the following:
- To join DigiTrust as a Supporting Member.
- To be publicly associated to this effort, including an initial announcement of all publishers joining under these terms.
- To assign an executive leader on your team to be our primary point-of-contact, carry the torch internally and convey feedback when necessary.
- To commit technical resources to evaluate the technology integration requirements within your site(s), and to surface and resolve integration issues/concerns.
- To commit privacy/legal resources to evaluate the policy requirements and privacy approach, and to surface and resolve issues/concerns.
- To assist in the determination of a joint deployment date(s), all within joint working group settings led by us.
IN (conditionally) means all of the above, but contingent on who else is IN, how many, etc. That said, so long as we have six or more premium publishers in this same bucket, you will all agree to be IN together.
OUT means you commit to providing no near-term assistance to this working group process.
List of Materials for your Consideration
Below are materials and links potentially helpful to your consideration:
- DigiTrust for Publishers Overview presentation provides an overview of DigiTrust, its value to your organization, and our ask
- DigiTrust for Publishers One-Pager offers a single page summary of the DigiTrust initiative and our ask
- The Supporting Member Agreement for publishers joining DigiTrust
- Demonstration of the DigiTrust code in action, with the cookie notice turned on (please note that a cookie notice is not necessary in US deployments, and we do have integrations for publishers in Europe that already have cookie notice windows in place.
- The full list of publishers and platforms considering (or already committed).
- Technical Integration Guide – we recommend your technology team place/test the DigiTrust code on a sample page on your domain
- GitHub Repository – where the source code lives