Please note this page is private and NOT linked to from the main DigiTrust site. Please do not link to this page, nor share with anyone outside your company.
Your company has been invited to join DigiTrust. Please read the information below carefully, and thank you for your team’s consideration.
Overview of DigiTrust
DigiTrust is a non-profit industry consortium spawned from an IAB working group. It’s comprised of ad tech platforms and premium publishers who are collaborating to deploy and support a standardized, shared, 1st party cookie-based user token in order to achieve the following mutual benefits:
- More than 15% improvement in managed revenue due to improved audience recognition, by reducing data loss associated to third party cookies (on mobile, especially) and ID syncing
- Leveling of the playing field with the “walled gardens”, by enabling the third party ecosystem with a shared first party cookie ID
- Fewer pixels on publisher pages, by eliminating the need for ID syncing among hundreds of third-parties
- Faster loading pages, and better consumer experience
- Alleviated regulatory pressure in Europe, with centralized consent, proof of consent and revocation of consent
Membership in DigiTrust
With leading platforms already involved, and the recent addition of 20 premium publishers representing critical mass of audience across the US and UK, we are opening General Member recruitment until March 24th so that interested platforms may support the DigiTrust effort and take part in upcoming working group meetings. These member-only meetings will involve publishers and platforms discussing deployment requirements, best practices, and joint deployment dates in Q2. General Member recruitment will close on March 25th and will re-open for new memberships mid 2017.
What We Need From You
DigiTrust is funded and resourced as a non-profit consortium, so its success depends on member engagement, cooperation and deployment. If you’d like to join, please just tell Jordan you’re IN. Here’s what membership entails:
- Execute General Member agreement and API License Addendum (see below).
- USD$5,000/month API subscription fee, starting April 1 – this monthly fee is reviewed by the board regularly, expected to decrease over time, and is half ($2,500/month) for platforms with <$10MM annual net revenues. The API is necessary to unencrypt the DigiTrust ID to form the persistent user token.
- Take part in working group meetings involving privacy and technical requirements, reviews and best practices.
- Public association of your company name to the DigiTrust consortium.
- Deployment and support of the DigiTrust ID on your platform, subject to the privacy and technical guidelines presented in the working group meetings.
- Customer and partner evangelism.
- Must be members in good standing of an industry self-regulatory organization (DAA, EDAA, NAI, etc.).
Below are materials and links helpful to your consideration:
- DigiTrust for Platforms Overview presentation provides a comprehensive overview of DigiTrust, the problems we’re solving, more about the technology solution, and the membership call to action
- General Member agreement, API License agreement and Member Policies
- DigiTrust for Publishers One-Pager offers a single page summary of the DigiTrust initiative and our ask
- Demonstration of the DigiTrust code in action, with the cookie notice turned on (please note that a cookie notice is not necessary in US deployments, and we do have integrations for publishers in Europe that already have cookie notice windows in place.
- Technical Integration Guide – we recommend your technology team place/test the DigiTrust code on a sample page on your domain
- GitHub Repository – where the source code lives
- Technical Implementation working group meetings:
- 20th April 2017 — our analysis of single point of failure scenarios, plus the audio (only) of the working group web conference
- 30th March 2017 — initial presentation on technical implementation for publishers and platforms, plus the audio (only) of the working group web conference
Regulatory Compliance Requirements/Guidance
- Regulatory one-sheet for US Publishers
- Regulatory one-sheet for UK Publishers
- Regulatory one-sheet for Platforms (UK and US)
- DigiTrust Data Usage and Retention Policy
- Privacy/Legal Working Group meetings: